Sunday, May 13, 2012

Style Me May: Seen on a Style Blog...

In which HH won't be seen out with me...

If I wear my favourite style blog 'look' which is... socks with sandals.
I know.  But... I like socks, ok? I also like high heels, and dislike a, cold feet, and b, the caprice of English spring weather (rain outside my window, case in point.)




If you'd like some further so-wrong-it's-actually-right inspiration, the lovely ladies at Fancy Pants Style  have put together a whole socks and sandals list.
My take on it is below.  I am threatening to wear it to Paris when we go on Wednesday.  HH probably won't sit with me if I do.  Which is ok, because that means I won't have to share my Kindle.
I am clearly following some of these 'how to pose like a fashion blogger' tips although the one showing my accidentally symmetrical  fashionista top-knot hair came about because I was looking down to see if I'd set up the camera properly.  
I think you'll find I've ticked quite a few style blog boxes including stacked bracelets, over-exposure (of the photos - although I suppose Style Me May posts every day count as over-exposure in some quarters, especially if you ask my brother) and the 'all my weight on one leg' side pose.  Gosh.  I don't know about you lot, but I'm exhausted.  On a completely unrelated note, but still speaking of style, can anyone, please, tell me why the font above the first photo in this post is a different size than the font I'm typing in now when behind the scenes it appears to be the same? In fact, anyone who wanted to teach me how to make a blogger site look nicer would be my new best friend.  I know I should probably just change to wordpress.  But that would be too easy.  You'd think I'd be able to work it out for myself, wouldn't you.  Working in online editorial and all. 

5 comments:

  1. This post is genius. It really suits you- I always really like the socks and shoes look but I have big feet so always feel like doing this would draw more attention to them so I've never tried it.

    My favourite site for finding out how to do things in blogger is this one:
    http://www.southernspeakers.net/



    I loved Stu's little dig at fashion bloggers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a bit of socks 'n' sandals, me. Fin is also unsure, but what does he know?

    There's a site called Pugly Pixel and one called Shrimp Salad Circus that have quite a few tutorials and freebies to make a blogger blog look a bit less bloggery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips ladies. I will have a look, but AFTER I've done some proper work ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post loving reading all your style posts.
    Re font size I think, well this is what I've deduced as it happens to me. It's to do with having a photo & somehow it gets caught in caption, hover over photo to center it etc & there's caption. I either make sure I don't start writing again until I've returned a few times & made sure curser (sp?) is returned to normal size, check in font size & remake to normal or I don't put the photo in until I've finished the writing part of the post.
    Hope this helps.
    Ps Jealous of Paris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look on you and I think like Joan does - I keep writing the rest of my blog posts in my photo captions and needing to take them out later - it gets quite annoying!

    ReplyDelete