Sunday, September 11, 2011

What's this all about, then?

I'd love to be able to say that I've finally bowed to public pressure to start a blog of my own, but that's only truthful if you count the public as my husband and my grandma. But who knows, there might be other people interested in reading about how a couple managed to travel to 13 different countries on a shoestring, how they became newly-weds and how the girl found something pretty and floral every day to look at.  People might like to hear about shopping with ration-card-holders at a Havana fruit market, or about day-dreaming in a deserted Spanish meadow, or how the girl managed to keep up her reading-5-novels-a-week average.  They might shake their heads in exasperation along with the boy at the girl's tendency to spend hours 'just looking' in anything even remotely like a pharmacy because she loves to discover new cosmetics.  In spite of themselves, those head shakers might want to know what you could find in a chemist in Kuala Lumpur.  And so if anyone does come looking, I will be here, and I will be watching my spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment